National speakers enable Partners participants to learn “what’s possible” because the policies, practices, or activities are successful in other places.
The quality of the Texas Partners in Policymaking program depends on speakers who can present “what’s possible” and who:
- Are experts in the topic area, including having an understanding of the connection between levels of government, systems change, and policy results.
- Have a broad perspective on cutting edge/best practices in disability issues that are consistent with an empowering vision.
- Understand what Partners in Policymaking is all about and are committed to the Core Values.
- Know how to communicate about their topic of expertise through adult learning methods including blended learning.
- Are motivated and enthusiastic themselves, and able to inspire and energize participants.
|1||9/10 Aug 2019|
History of Disability, Parent Movement, Self Advocacy, Independent Living, People First Language
|2||13/14 Sept 2019|
Inclusive Education, Life Long Learning, Civil Discourse Communication
|3||4/5 Oct 2019|
Inclusive Community, Service Coordination, Grass Roots/Single Issue Organizing
|4||15/16 Nov 2019|
Employment and Person Centered Planning
|5||24/25 Jan 2020|
Creating a Vision, Guardianship/ Legislature, Media “Strategic Communication” Training
|6||21/22 Feb 2020|
Legislative Advocacy and Leadership, Mock Hearing & Legislative Visits Training
|7||13/14 Mar 2020|
Federal Disability Issues
|8||24/25 Apr 2020|
Assistive Technology, Parliamentary Procedures for Legislative and Committee Involvement / Graduation