National speakers enable Partners participants to learn “what’s possible” because the policies, practices, or activities are successful in other places.
The quality of the Texas Partners in Policymaking program depends on speakers who can present “what’s possible” and who:
- Are experts in the topic area, including having an understanding of the connection between levels of government, systems change, and policy results.
- Have a broad perspective on cutting edge/best practices in disability issues that are consistent with an empowering vision.
- Understand what Partners in Policymaking is all about and are committed to the Core Values.
- Know how to communicate about their topic of expertise through adult learning methods including blended learning.
- Are motivated and enthusiastic themselves, and able to inspire and energize participants.
2017-2018 National Speaker Line-Up
Training Workshop Schedule
|Session||Date||Subject||Speakers Austin||Speakers RGV|
|1||10/11 Aug 2018|
HISTORY of Disability Services
|2||21/22 Sept 2018|
INCLUSIVE EDUCATION & LIFE LONG LEARNING
|3||5-6 Oct 2018|
|4||9/10 Nov 2018|
SUPPORTED, COMPETITIVE & CUSTOMIZED EMPLOYMENT
|5||11/12 Jan 2019|
CREATING A VISION
|6||15/16 Feb 2019|
ADVOCACY & LEADERSHIP at the TEXAS CAPITOL
|7||1/2 Mar 2019|
FEDERAL DISABILITY ISSUES
|8||12/13 Apr 2019|